KOL Relationship Development: Leveraging Social Media Platforms
For years, their voices went unheard. And their opinions were ignored. But not anymore.
Thanks to the internet and social media, there is a growing and vocal group of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) who are not necessarily academics or people who talk at conferences. Rather, they are bloggers, pundits and healthcare professionals whose voices and expertise—once largely behind the scenes—are now being amplified on the internet. While pharma has traditionally looked askance upon the free-form, interactive nature of social media as a marketing tool, companies who continue to ignore its power may be doing so at their peril.
KOL Relationship Development: Leveraging Social Media Platforms is a compelling examination of the rise of social media as an informal, but increasingly important interactive marketing tool. Critically, it looks at social media-based KOLS who, although traditionally dismissed by the conservative pharmaceutical industry, are coming from behind the scenes to be heard. The report, based on six in-depth expert interviews and additional research, examines the trends, options, and issues surrounding social media KOLs, how to identify them and how best to capture their voices. Engagingly written and current, the report addresses how the industry can best adapt marketing strategies to the digital age—and how to track their success.
Key Report Features
- Discussion of the role social media plays in KOL management and how the pharmaceutical industry is responding to its influence
- Insight into identifying KOLs, matching them to online channels to ensure uptake and integrating interactive media with marketing messages
- Overview of how social media voices are changing how pharma views online marketing
- Critical analysis of how digital content and delivery of marketing messages is evolving
- Expert insight from six leaders in social media and marketing
- Insight into the issues with identifying and engaging KOLs in the digital age
- A full appendix of resources, social media sites and further reading
Who Would Benefit From This Report?
- Chief Marketing Officers overseeing KOL outreach
- Marketing directors responsible for social media programmers
- Brand managers
- Sales managers
- Digital marketing heads
- eBusiness/emerging technology experts
- Digital communications agencies
- Chief strategy officers in sales and marketing
Standing Out Online
As social influencers continue to grow in popularity, and word-of-mouth remains the most trusted form of marketing, we deliver effective influencer and earned media approaches to help our clients meet their business objectives. We recognized the power of influencer marketing long before influencers started making headlines.
And we Know People
Whether it’s generating buzz by finding and activating a brand’s most powerful advocates, collaborating with influencers as brand storytellers and content creators, or partnering with famous digital personalities as brand spokespeople, we know the right people and the right ways to engage them.
What Sets Us Apart
From globally recognized social celebrities to emerging platform talent, we have contacts across every social platform. And we can no doubt find the right market influencer, Key Opinion Leader, Blogger, Facebook, Instagram, Forum, Youtuber, etc. for your brands.
Top positions on the search engine result pages receive a majority of the impressions and clicks and SEO could focus on creating informative and keyword relevant title tags and meta descriptions, Having optimized tags and descriptions helps to increase click through rate, which also promotes increases in qualified web traffic.